How do you start your day? Do you wake up and lie in bed for an hour? Or do you open your eyes and immediately get going? Do you follow the same routine each morning? These are some questions you should be asking yourself if you are looking to become more productive and organized each day.
A morning routine can be the difference between a productive day and a wasted day. Just look at the morning routines of certain successful people. If you don’t believe me, try this sample morning routine for yourself:
- 6:00 A.M. – Wake up
- 6:15 A.M. – Out the door for a run (maybe some yoga or a small workout with weights)
- 6:45 A.M. – Get back home and stretch after the run
- 6:50 A.M. – Make yourself a healthy smoothie
- Try a handful of spinach, mixed berries, yogurt (preferably vanilla or some sort of fruit for flavor), water, a small amount of honey, and a tablespoon of chia seeds
- 7:00 A.M. – Shower and get ready
- 7:45 A.M. – Eat breakfast
- Try two eggs, a piece of toast, and a side of fruit
- 8:15 A.M. – Clean dishes
- 8:20 A.M. – Meditate for 10 minutes (if you’re in to meditating)
- 8:35 A.M. – Out the door
If you’re saying to yourself that you’re leaving too late, then try waking up earlier to fit everything in.
This routine will be difficult at first, but I can tell you that after a week of this routine, you will start to feel a surplus of energy throughout the day. Of course your morning routine doesn’t have to be exactly like this example, but make sure to incorporate:
- Some form of exercise
- A healthy and filling meal
- Some sort of mindfulness
These three steps will put you in a great state of mind to start the day and will keep you productive for longer periods throughout it.
Remember that this is just my example of a morning routine, but there are many other morning routines that might be a better fit for you.
So if you don’t already have an amazing morning routine, get started on crafting yours today! You won’t regret it. Again, it can be the difference between a productive day and a wasted day.